Competition Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the competition:
Participants who provide a caption for the photo of a Mercedes-Benz Cabriolet posted by the Promoter (the “Competition”) will be eligible to win a Mercedes-Benz Cabriolet for the weekend (the “Prize”).The following terms and conditions apply.
The Promoter is Mercedes-Benz Retail Group UK Limited (Company Number 00419087) whose registered address is Mercedes-Benz UK Limited, Delaware Drive, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK15 8BA (the “Promoter”).
In these terms and conditions, references to the masculine include the feminine and the neuter and to the singular include the plural and vice versa as the context admits or requires.
Headings are used for reference only and do not constitute terms of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility & Entering
1. To enter into the Competition entrants must comment on the post on Facebook.com (“Facebook”) made by the Promoter advertising the Competition (the “Post”) between the time the Post is made (the “Start Time”) and 12:00:00 on Monday 24th August 2020 (the “Closing Time”) providing us with a caption of the photo.
2. Entrants must be individuals who are resident in the UK and Northern Ireland, aged 21 and older and hold a full current and valid driving licence (including meeting the legal requirement of this licence) at the time of entry.
3. Any entries received either before the Start Time and/or after the Closing Time will not be entered into the Competition.
4. Entries must comply with all of the requirements stated in the Post.
5. There is a limit of one entry per Facebook account.
6. Entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or automatically generated by computer programs, bots or other software or hardware will not be accepted.
7. Incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted.
8. Employees of the Promoter and its group companies, their agencies and families, dealer network and anyone professionally connected with the Competition are not eligible to enter.
9. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.10. No purchase is necessary.
11. By submitting a Competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
12. Please see https://www.mercedes-benzretailgroup.co.uk for a copy of these Competition terms and conditions.
13. The winner of the Prize will be selected based on the caption entered within 1 day of the Closing Time from all valid entries received (the “Winner”) (such valid entries being those that meet the criteria above). The selection of the Winner shall be conducted by the Promoter under the supervision of an independent observer. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final.
14. Once the Winner has been selected, they will be notified via a Facebook message from the Promoter (the “Notification”).
15. The Winner must respond to the Promoter within 24 hours of the Notification confirming that they are over 21, hold a full current and valid driving licence and providing their address.
16. In the event that the Promoter does not receive a response to the Notification within 24 hours of it being sent, the Promoter may elect to select a new winner from the remaining valid entrants and no alternative Prize shall be offered. This process shall be repeated until such times as a Winner responds to the Notification with the required confirmation.
17. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified, but will be entitled to request details of the Winner by writing to email@example.com of the Promoter within 10 weeks of the Competition.
18. Any entrant and/or participant who has provided false or misleading information and/or has breached these terms and conditions will be immediately disqualified from this Competition.
19. There is no cash alternative available and the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold any Prize under these terms and conditions if they have been breached.In the event of breach, the Promoter may elect to select a new winner from the remaining valid entrants.
21. The Prize may not be sold, offered for sale, used for competitions, coupled or bundled with any other product or services, or used for any commercial or promotional purposes whatsoever.
22. The Promoter has the right (but not the obligation) to provide a suitable alternative prize should the Prize become unavailable.
Claiming the prize
23. The Winner must redeem the Prize within 6 months of the Notification after which the Prize will expire.
24. The Winner shall be responsible for collecting and returning the Prize from the Mercedes-Benz Retail site of their choice (the “Retail Site”).
25. The Winner must notify the Promoter of their chosen weekend and Retail Site via a Facebook message before the Prize expires.
26. The Promoter is responsible for arranging the appropriate insurance required as part of the Prize.If the Winner would like an additional driver to be added to this insurance policy, the Winner must notify the Promoter of this request and the additional driver must also meet the requirements at clause 2 above.The Promoter will retain complete discretion in relation to all insurance requirements.
27. The Winner and any additional driver must complete and sign the insurance and disclaimer documentation required to redeem the Prize.
28. Proof of ID and a full valid and current driving licence will be required when redeeming the Prize.
29. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of the Winner.
30. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if the Winner has not redeemed their Prize within 6 months of the Notification.
DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
32. You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website https://www.mercedes-benz.group.co.uk and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
33. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
34. Entry into the Competition shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
35. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Competition at any time without notice.
36. By participating in a competition, you agree to release, discharge and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in the competition (save that nothing shall limit the Promoter’s liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence).
37. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, technical and computer faults, system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues, failures and malfunctions or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure or any other issue out of our reasonable control.
38. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
39. The Competition shall be governed and construed and have effect in all respects in accordance with English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings arising out of or in connection with it.