Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited retail and Mercedes-Benz Financial Services business solutions customers purchasing an eligible* new Mercedes-Benz Passenger Car EQA model (“new Mercedes-Benz EQA”), ordered between 21st May 2021 to 30th June 2021 and registered by 30th September 2021, have the option (subject to the following terms and conditions) to accept one of two possible charging offers; either
(1) Free of charge standard installation of a bp pulse Wall Box, or
(2) bp pulse 2 year Membership.
Terms and Conditions applicable to the new Mercedes-Benz EQA Wall Box Offer (“Wall Box Included Offer”)
1. The Wall Box Included Offer, means that your bp pulse Homecharge Unit and standard installation will be free of charge. This Offer is limited to Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited retail and Mercedes-Benz Financial Services business solutions customers, purchasing directly from Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited, an eligible* new Mercedes-Benz EQA, ordered between 21st May 2021 to 30th June 2021, and registered by 30th September 2021, who meet all the eligibility criteria for the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS). For avoidance of doubt, this offer is not available to customers who purchase a new Mercedes-Benz EQA vehicle from a third party.
2. Chargemaster Limited (registered company number 06720009 referred to herein as “bp pulse”) is Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited’s appointed supplier and installer for Homecharge Units and installations are accredited by OZEV to access the EVHS funding. The £350 grant subsidises the cost of installing a residential electric vehicle Homecharge Unit (the “Wall Box”) for the owners/primary users of electric vehicles. The grant allows bp pulse to deduct £350 from the overall cost and invoice Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited at the subsidised rate.
3. The Government reserves the right to terminate the grant at any time.
4. You confirm that you are the designated main user/owner of an eligible new Mercedes-Benz EQA (ordered between 21st May 2021 to 30th June 2021 and registered by 30th September 2021) as defined by OZEV as an eligible electric vehicle for an Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme grant (“EVHS Grant”) subsidised installation.
5. For this Wall Box Included Offer to be valid, the wall box must be ordered from bp pulse via a participating Mercedes-Benz Retailer, using the bp pulse Dealer portal application platform, at the time of ordering your new Mercedes-Benz EQA. Please request the offer at the time of order and your preferred Mercedes-Benz Retailer will assist you in placing your order for the wall box with bp pulse.
6. You must be resident in mainland England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Wight or Wales. You must confirm that the installation address specified on the application form is a residential address and that you either own the property or have the consent from the landlord for the Wall Box to be installed. You also confirm that there is a garage or other suitable private off street parking within your premises, compliant with the conditions set by OZEV, allowing you to charge your vehicle safely without creating a trip or other health and safety risk to yourself or any other party, with modern household electrics. Full eligibility criteria for the EVHS Grant administered by OZEV can be found here. Some of the criteria for qualification includes (without limitation) the following:
• You must be able to provide evidence of keepership, lease and be named as the primary user of the eligible new Mercedes-Benz EQA.
• The installation date for the Wall Box must not be more than 4 months before the date of delivery or start date of use of the eligible new Mercedes-Benz EQA.
• You must be the person purchasing or financing (as applicable) the eligible new Mercedes-Benz EQA.
• You must ensure that your utility supplier/provider is able to support installation and running of the Wall Box, prior to its installation.
• Supply, installation and maintenance of the Wall Box will be subject to a separate contract between you and bp pulse. For avoidance of doubt, neither Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited or our participating retailers accept any responsibility in connection with that separate contract and any customer queries or claims must be directed to bp pulse directly by you. You will need to liaise directly with bp pulse in connection with survey and installation.
7. The Wall Box Included Offer applies only to the installation of a 7kw single phase communicating Wall Box, with standard domestic installation costs, based on the assumption that customers qualify for the full OZEV subsidy of £350 (including VAT). Standard installation costs include a cable run under 15 meters to be fixed flush to the wall (cable not trenched or hidden behind walls, through joists, under tiles/carpets/floorboards, aerial or subterranean runs), with the installation carried out by one person within 6 hours. The Wall Box Included Offer is made available on the assumption that the correct electrical connections and protections are available on the property, and that no civil works or electrical remedial works are required. Installation is carried out in accordance with BS7671 18th edition wiring regulations, IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation 2nd Edition.
8. If you are not eligible for standard installation, you may be liable for additional installation charges. Installation charges will be made for installations outside of the mainland UK. Further examples of additional charges include, but are not limited to:
• Additional cable over 15 metres at £5.00 per metre;
• RCBO Breaker - £50.00;
• 2-Way Consumer Unit - £50.00;
• Mains Protective Bonding (incoming household services) - £10.00 (includes cost of 1st 3 metres - then £3.00 per metre thereafter)(Prices correct at the time of publishing and are subject to change).
9. In order to proceed with a bp pulse installation, you will be required to complete their standard home charge application process including giving acceptance to their standard terms and conditions (here), their Privacy Notice (here) and to provide them with your marketing preferences. You also declare that you will not claim the VAT back on the installation of the Wall Box from HMRC.
11. The usage of the equipment supplied is restricted to charging electric cars and bp pulse may at its discretion, disable or remove the Wall Box in the event of any abuse or misuse of the equipment.
12. You agree to indemnify Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited, bp pulse and the Installer against any claim (including consequential losses) arising from the use or misuse of the Wall Box.
13. Subject to conditions, your Wall Box is covered by a 36-month repair or replacement warranty (at bp pulse’s discretion) with respect to faulty parts and/or installation arising from any act or omission of bp pulse. This warranty period commences on the date of the original installation of the Wall Box. This warranty is subject to the conditions specified in section 8 of bp pulse’s terms and conditions, which can be found here.
14. In the event that you breach these Terms and Conditions, bp pulse may at its discretion remove the Wall Box or disable it.
15. Only two free Wall Box per household is permitted for this Wall Box Included Offer, in association with eligible new Mercedes-Benz EQA purchases only.
16. If you are entitled to and exercise your right to cancel or withdraw from the order to purchase or finance (as applicable) of your eligible new Mercedes-Benz EQA vehicle, you will no longer be entitled to receive the EVHS grant and Mercedes-Benz shall not meet the balance of the cost of the your Wall Box and standard installation. If your Wall Box has already been installed, we shall be entitled at our discretion to either remove it from your premises, disable the Wall Box or recover costs.
17. It is your responsibility to ensure all required third party permissions are sought in relation to the installation of the Wall Box at your address. bp pulse may request proof of such consents prior to the installation of the Wall Box.
18. Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited will not be liable for any costs resulting from the use of the Wall Box, including but not limited to the maintenance and repair of the Wall Box and associated running costs.
19. By submitting the bp pulse Homecharge application form and/or accepting a bp pulse Homecharge installation, you confirm that you have read, agree with and comply with all the conditions placed on the EVHS as published from time to time by OZEV as well as these Terms and Conditions and bp pulse’s terms and conditions, without exception.
20. Upon payment for the Installation of the Wall Box Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited shall be deemed to have fully discharged all of its obligations arising, pursuant to these Terms and Conditions, and customers are referred to bp pulse for all matters relating to the Wall Box arising thereafter.
21. This Offer is provided by Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited.
22. The terms of the Offer may be amended and/or withdrawn by Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited, at any time, without prior notice.
23. There is no cash or credit alternative to the Offer and it is non-transferable and non-negotiable.
24. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and as determined by the courts of England and Wales.
Terms and Conditions applicable to the 2 Year bp pulse Subscription Membership Offer
1. The bp pulse subscription is a membership subscription service giving you access to the bp pulse Network of electric vehicle charging points provided by Chargemaster Limited (registered company number 06720009 referred to herein as “bp pulse”) as described on their website (https://www.bppulse.co.uk/charging-on-the-go). Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited retail and Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Business Solutions customers purchasing an eligible* new Mercedes-Benz EQA ordered between 21st May 2021 to 30th June 2021 and registered by 30th September 2021, are eligible to receive a 2 year bp pulse membership free of charge, paid for by Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited.
2. The provision of the bp pulse membership is governed by bp pulse’s terms and conditions which can be found here.
3. The 2-year membership period will commence when you activate your bp pulse card or fob, which must be within 4 months of delivery of the car, in accordance with Clause 7 of these Terms and Conditions. Upon expiry of the 2 year membership term, your bp pulse membership will terminate automatically unless you renew it directly with bp pulse at your own cost.
4. Only one free 2-year membership per household is included with this offer.
5. If you are entitled to and exercise your right to cancel or withdraw from the order to purchase or finance (as applicable) of your eligible* new Mercedes-Benz EQA you will no longer be entitled to receive the free 2 year membership.
6. To request your bp pulse card or fob and to access the bp pulse services , you must create a bp pulse user account by installing the bp pulse App and in doing so accept their standard terms and conditions for membership to the pulse network (here), their Privacy Notice (here) and to provide them with your marketing preferences. You must have an internet-enabled, eligible mobile device which is connected to the internet and uses a software version that supports the bp pulse App.
7. Once you have received your bp pulse card or fob, this can by activated in the bp pulse App. Once your bp pulse card or fob is activated, your 2-year membership period shall commence. Please visit (bpchargemaster.com/bppulse-app) for the bp pulse App Frequently Asked Questions, and how to contact bp pulse support.
8. The performance and continuous availability of charging points on the bp pulse network is not guaranteed.
9. The cost of electricity supplied to you through charging points on the bp pulse network is available on the bp pulse Website at ( https://www.bppulse.co.uk/pulse-point-map )and in the bp pulse App. In many cases, electricity is supplied at nil cost to you through the bp pulse network. Please refer to the Live Map in the bp pulse Website or bp pulse App to check the tariffs for individual charging points.
10. Upon payment for the 2 Year bp pulse Membership, Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited shall be deemed to have fully discharged all of its obligations arising pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and customers are referred to bp pulse for all matters relating to the bp pulse Membership arising thereafter.
11. This Offer is provided by Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited
12. The terms of this Offer may be amended and/or withdrawn by Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited, at any time, without prior notice.
13. There is no cash or credit alternative to the Offer and it is non-transferable and non-negotiable.
14. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and as determined by the courts of England and Wales.
*Eligibility: Offer applies to Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Ltd retail customers and Mercedes-Benz Financial Services business solutions customers and is only applicable on qualifying Mercedes-Benz EQA. For the avoidance of doubt, this offer is not available on the Mercedes-Benz PHEV/EQC/EQV models.