The following terms and conditions apply to the competition:
The Promoter is Mercedes-Benz Retail Group UK Limited (Company Number 00419087) whose registered address is Mercedes-Benz UK Limited Delaware Drive, Tongwell, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK15 8BA (the “Promoter”).
In these terms and conditions, references to the masculine include the feminine and the neuter and to the singular include the plural and vice versa as the context admits or requires.
Headings are used for reference only and do not constitute terms of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility & Entering
1. To enter into the competition entrants must comment on the post on Mercedes-Benz Retail Group Facebook page (“Facebook”) made by the Promoter advertising the competition (the “Post”) between the time the Post is made (the “Start Time”) 19:00:00 on Wednesday 4th July 2018 and 15:00:00 on Saturday 7th July 2018 (the “Closing Time”).
2. Entrants must be individuals who are resident in the UK and Northern Ireland and aged 18 and older at the time of entry.
3. Any entries received either before the Start Time and/or after the Closing Time will not be entered into the competition.
4. Entries must comply with all of the requirements stated in the Post.
5. There is a limit of one entry per Facebook account.
6. Entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or automatically generated by computer programs, bots or other software or hardware will not be accepted.
7. Incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted.
8. Employees of the Promoter and its group companies, their agencies and families, dealer network and anyone professionally connected with the competition are not eligible to enter.
9. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
10. No purchase is necessary.
11. The winner of the prize will be selected at random within 2 days of the Closing Time of the relevant competition from all valid and correct entries received (the “Winner”). The selection of the Winner shall be conducted by the Promoter under the supervision of an independent observer. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final.
12. Once the Winner has been selected, they will be notified via a Facebook message from the Promoter (the “Notification”).
13. The Winner must respond to the Promoter within 24 hours of the Notification confirming that they are over 18 and providing their address.
14. In the event that the Promoter does not receive a response to the Notification within 24 hours of it being sent, the Promoter may elect to select a new winner from the remaining entrants and no alternative Prize shall be offered.
15. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified, but will be entitled to request details of the Winner by writing to email@example.com of the Promoter within 10 weeks of the competition.
16. Any entrant and/or participant who has provided false or misleading information and/or has breached these terms and conditions will be immediately disqualified from this competition.
17. There is no cash alternative available and the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold any Prize under these terms and conditions if they have been breached. In the event of breach, the competition for the Winner may be re-opened.
19. The Prize may not be sold, offered for sale, used for competitions, coupled or bundled with any other product or services, or used for any commercial or promotional purposes whatsoever.
20. The Promoter has the right (but not the obligation) to provide a suitable alternative prize should the Prize become unavailable.
21. Prizes will be dispatched to the Winner by recorded delivery at the postal address that they provide when accepting the Prize. Once the Promoter has placed the Prize in the post it shall be deemed to have provided the Prize in accordance with these terms and conditions. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Prize not signed for or signed for by another party.
22. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter shall not be liable to provide a replacement Prize to any Winner, should their Prize not reach them owing to a failure of the postal service.
23. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
24. Entry into the competition shall constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
25. The Winner agrees to use of their name and image in any promotional activity following the competition.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this competition at any time without notice.
27. By participating in a competition, you agree to release, discharge and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in the competition (save that nothing shall limit the Promoter’s liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence).
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation, technical and computer faults, system failures, network errors, website unavailability, hacks on the system, personal computer issues, failures and malfunctions or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure or any other issue out of our reasonable control.
29. The competition are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
30. The competition shall be governed and construed and have effect in all respects in accordance with English Law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings arising out of or in connection with it